Information on changing the English name of the festival.
6th Kids Kino International Film Festival/ pl: 6. Międzynarodowy Festiwal Filmowy Kino Dzieci/, operating until now under the name: The Kids Film Festival will be held from 21-29 September 2019. The format of Kids Kino IFF remains the same. We will present films from around the world: shorts, features, animations, live action, documentaries and TV series to kids from 4-12 years of age. The festival takes place in 20 cities at the same time, screening films from the main competition. Warsaw screenings, in addition, are extended to a full programme comprising of 150 titles. Aside from the part solely dedicated to films, there are meetings, creative workshops and screenings with live music organized during the festival. Adults may take part in lectures and workshops on education and upbringing, whereas professionals can attend Warsaw Kids Film Forum, an industry part of Kids Kino IFF.
Renaming the festival means renaming the projects involved. These are:
Warsaw Kids Film Forum / from 2020 under the name Kids Kino Industry – an international industry event devoted to films and television series aimed at children’s market. More info at: www.warsawkidsff.pl;
Kids Film.Pro, from 2019/2020 edition under the name Kids Kino.Lab – an international development programme for film projects and TV series for young audience devoted to script writers and producers. More info at: www.kidskinolab.pl.
About the idea
Kids Kino (Kino Dzieci) is an International Film Festival addressed mainly to the viewers at the age of 4-12 and their families & guardians. From the very begining, the idea behind the festival was to make valuable worthwhile movies available to the general public. All the productions have been carefully selected considering their educational, artistic and production values.
The audience of the Kids Kino International Film Festival has grown to over twenty Polish cities, from the begining of the festival in 2014 till today. The viewers of each edition get acquainted with international productions nominated in the Main Competition that have not been presented to wider distrubition. The entire film program, grouped in sections, is displayed in Warsaw and Wrocław only, while the most important sections, led by the Main Competition movies, are also presented in the remaining eighteen festival cities.
The best Kids Film Festival is always chosen by viewers from all over the country. Thanks to the festival, selected films appear on Polish cinema screens, including European and international productions – films, animations, documentaries and series for kids.
We believe that such actions have a significant impact on shaping young viewers as well as on the development of the film production market directed to the young viewers. However, Kids Film Festival is not only about movie screening. Thanks to the workshops and accompanying events, the festival has become an opportunity for meetings and discussion. Kids Film Festival goes beyond the actul week of the festival duration and it is present for the viewers throughout the following year, introducing the best films of the festival to theaters for the following months.
About the 6th Kids Kino International Film Festival / 6. Międzynarodowy Festiwal Filmowy Kino Dzieci
For the third time during the Kids Kino International Film Festival, we will have the honor to invite guests to special workshops – Kids Film Festiwal About the Upbringing. Series of meetings and lectures dedicated to teachers and Guardian will be carried out. Kids Film Festival is also a meeting place for the film industry during Warsaw Kids Film Forum – an international co-production forum dedicated to emerging productions for young viewers. More about this event at: https://warsawkidsff.pl.
The festival is divided into seven sections:
- Main competition with the following juries: journalists jury, creator, ECFA, Network of Local Cinemas and the national audience that jointly give an award of the Fern Flower Prize.
- A film discovery competition with a selection of films with exceptional genre and stylistic diversity assessed by the jury of discoveries.
- Kids Films with noses in books with favorite characters taken as from the classic or the latest literature and moved to the screen.
- National cinema section with the choice of cinematography from one particular country each edition, after last year’s cinema from India, this time we would like to nvite you to Italy.
- Short stories with a set of animations, documentaries and musical films with rich history and colorful characters.
- Panorama selection of the best movies from previous editions, both for kids and young viewers that appeared in cinemas in the months preceding the festival.
- The best films from the history of Kids Film Festival with the selection of the most favorite and appreciated ones of all festival times. Our viewers grow up with us, so we want the current four-year-olds who are starting their adventure with the Kids Kino International Film Festival to be able to watch the best films we have shown in previous editions.
- Stanisław Jędryka Film Retrospective – Kids Kino International Film Festival is to pay homage to one of the best cinema directors for young spectators by screening his best movies.
Kids Kino International Film Festival /Międzynarodowy Festiwal Filmowy Kino Dzieci/ is organised by Education Department of New Horizons Association, Poland.